EverPel nanocomposite technology prevents corrosion, repels water & oils, and is ecologically friendly
Corrosion results from chemical reactions that occur naturally, converting a refined metal to a more chemically-stable form, such as its oxide, hydroxide, or sulfide. Corrosion is the gradual destruction of materials (usually metals) by chemical and/or electrochemical reaction with their environment.
EverPel imparts active repulsion properties of aqueous and gaseous corrosive species such as H2S and CO2. EverPel can be applied to already-corroded surfaces with minimal surface cleaning & preparation. It arrests already in-progress corrosion while preventing further corrosion to the substrate. Because of this, EverPel can be applied to retrofit and repair existing installations while inhibiting scale deposition.
EverPel is a water-based nanocomposite, meaning the treatment contains no VOCs and is non-toxic. It has an extremely long pot life after the two-component polymer is mixed – up to 72 hours – yet cures at ambient temperatures in under two hours. It is effective at far lower thicknesses than epoxies or paints with similar functional performance characteristics. In addition to being hydrophobic and oleophobic, EverPel is non-insular meaning heat can transfer through the treatment. EverPel’s exceptional pot life and ability to cure at ambient temperatures allows for easy application on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Hydrophobic, oleophobic, and anti-corrosion & erosion protection
- Wide operating temperature (up to 400°F) and pressure range (up to 8500 psi), allows for highly varied and customized usage.
- Strong adherence & abrasion-resistant, non-insular
- Cures in under 120 minutes at ambient temperatures, 72-hour pot life after mixing
- Variable thickness, effective at 2mil
- Protection of metals from corrosion without the need for costly special alloys, long down-times for epoxy application, and poor adhesion of paints
- Chemically-resistant dual effect of arresting existing corrosion, as well as acting as a passivating barrier to further chemical attack.
- Capable of application to both new and in-place installations, minimizing downtime and interruptions.
- Customizable for various application methods and requirements (paint, spray, dip, pipeline pigging, etc.)
- Non-toxic, low surface energy/friction releases bio-growth and prevent deposition
EverPel has been rigorously tested with a wide variety of industry partners in a diverse set verticals including aerospace, marine, energy, oil & gas, and many more.
EverPel consistently demonstrates high performance in varying deployment conditions. It can be adapted to specific industries, substrates, methods of application, and more.